Friday, September 14, 2012

Tips: using Makins Extruder


Since I have new extruder I will make some tips using my makins extruder. So say hi to Mr. Extruder, that's the way I called him. He helped me a lot in many design even-though my hand are kinda hurt using it. I would say it's not bad if you spend some money to buy a good quality tools coz you will find it worthy. 

Materials I used:
Fimo Clay 
Makins Extruder
Clay Roller or Pasta Machine
Circle Cutter
Cutter knife


Here's what I'm gonna share using Mr. Extruder for easy using it.

*First we need a pasta machine or clay roller so we can condition our clay very well.
*After conditioning your clay, use your circle cutter and put them together (like the photo below);
(Yes i know it will eat a lot of time, but don't worry this will help you to chose your own colors and for easy putting your clay on the extruder)
*Oh my don't forget to roll your clay when you are done putting them all so your clay will stick together and make them long.
*Then check it if they will already fit on your extruder.
*Put your clay and choose your prefer disc design. 
*And we're all ready to rock! :)

*by the way, if your hand are also hurting while using extruder you can use;
-CLOTH GLOVES
-CLOTH TOWEL and roll it to your extruder or;
-RUBBER BAND (more rubber band that will fit your hand when holding Mr. Extruder body)
-FABRIC TAPE
-but the most comfy to use; look for a FOAM it will less pain since Mr. Extruder are made out of steel. 
(put and roll it to Mr. Extruder body and the rotator as well if you want)

I'M READY TO PUT THEM TOGETHER
HERE'S MY READY MAKE USING THE SQUARE DISC I JUST PUT THEM TOGETHER SO IT WILL LIKELY BIG.

These are the result of my handmade cane using Mr. Extruder.
I made a ring and a necklace (sorry i forgot to take a pic of my hand made necklace)

Don't fear to experiment on your own extruder. 
Make it ROCK! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment